More ideas this week. I keep looking and thinking that many of these are so generalized. Or a quote that inspires me. What do those quotes mean? Who says them? The details will come out later.
Proof of Concept:
- A cat on a hot, lazy summer day.
- First run on the ambulance
- Living life while the world sleeps. An insomniacs tale.
- “Dying a little or dying a lot. If the difference is how many of you fuckers I kill, then I’ll die forever.”
- A windy day in the foothills of the country mountains.
What’s in a Name:
- Auguries of Destruction
- Arcturus of the Neverending
Bring em Together:
Well, there isn’t really an over arching theme this time. No way I can really see to fit any of these together any better than mixing all the paints together and hoping to get something better then brown sludge. Not that there has to be some overriding theme to ideas. I have no problem creating a short story from a single line. Sure, many of these ideas may appear generic, but I haven’t quite figured out how to make a simple idea stand out without in-depth analysis.
I will say the Tobias tends to be a bit of a running joke. A friend of mine pointed out several years ago, and this seems to hold true, I always name a character Tobias, even if in passing. That probably stems from one of my all-time favorite childhood characters was named Tobias.
Next Time: I’ll be discussing Planning a Story